Freelance Editing Services:
I’ve been working as a freelance editor since September 2009. I am now taking on more editing jobs and accepting new clients. Below are my qualifications, some of my previous clients, and my rates. If you are interested in my editing services, please contact me through the contact button on the right of the screen. I would love to discuss your writing and how I could be of help to you.
I am available to edit:
- Picture books
- Novels (any age level or genre)
- Short Stories (any age level or genre)
*I edit both fiction and nonfiction in all of the above categories.
Previous and Current Clients Include:
- Two book publishers, editing picture books and novels
- A school district, proofreading educational documents
- Writers needing an editor to polish their work before submitting to agents and/or publishers
I have a masters degree in English Secondary Education. I taught language arts for seven years before becoming a full-time writer and freelance editor. I’ve had over seventy-five short stories published in a variety of children’s magazines, anthologies, and educational websites. To date, I have one picture book published and another under contract. I also write middle grade and young adult novels.
Not looking for a full edit but want a critique of your opening pages? I offer critique services for $1.00 per double-spaced page. Comments will not be as extensive as a full edit, but I’ll point out strengths, weaknesses, and offer advice for improvements.
I charge between $1.25-$1.50 per page depending on the project and type of edit.
- Proofreader or final editor to check for spelling, grammar, etc.: $1.25per double-spaced page
- Developmental edit (commenting on the content as well as the spelling, grammar, etc.): $1.50 per double-spaced page
For picture books I charge a flat fee of $32 for a 32-page layout or $24 for a 24-page layout.